Eric J Lieberman, J.D.
2136 Teronda Beach Rd., Coupeville, WA 98239
751 Dewey Galena, IL 61036
Email: email@example.com Phone: (847) 915-9034
Software industry senior executive and experienced corporate and private practice attorney in the software industry driven by government regulatory compliance. Legal experience spans litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and general transactional. Hands-on software and leadership experience as both general counsel and president of Firstlogic, Inc., a data technology company with an international client base (now part of SAP). Experienced in attracting and developing a successful management team and motivating and aligning the entire corporation with aggressive strategic goals. Outstanding communication and writing skills.
2006 – Present: Freelance
After selling Firstlogic, Inc., in 2007 (see below), I momentarily rejoiced at the thought that every day would be a Saturday. Little did I realize how much I would miss the challenges, interaction and fun of being an active player in the technology business. I began mentoring young people and startups and doing freelance legal work. Most recently, I have been acting as an outside attorney for Satori Software, Inc., Seattle.
1998 – 2006: President and CEO Firstlogic, Inc.
- Restructured and revived failing company and led turnaround efforts that fully retired $9 million of debt and created $15 million in cash reserves.
- Refocused company on its core competencies through wind down and divestiture of non-core businesses.
- Led expansion of company into new adjacent markets resulting in a doubling of annual revenue.
- Top graded, motivated and energized a winning senior management team
- Built a culture of open and honest communication with 400 employeesdistributed throughout country
- Made critical decision to rewrite company’s legacy core technology to better penetrate new markets
- Senior executive contact for major customers and partners such as Siebel, Informatica, Lockheed Martin, Siemens and Australia Post.
- Represented company at major industry events throughout the world.
- Reported to and presented regular operating reports board of directors.
- Successfully negotiated the sale of the company to Business Objects in April, 2006. (Remained as an Executive Director of Business Objects until June 30, 2006.) (BO subsequently sold to SAP)
August 1996-January 1998: Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Firstlogic., Inc.
- Handled all legal matters of the company, including license work, partnering agreements, litigation, intellectual property, acquisitions, international law and real estate negotiations.
- Increasing involvement in non-legal operations of the business.
1984 – August 1996: Founding Partner – Huck Bouma, LLC (f/k/a Bouma Martin Charlton and Lieberman)
Engaged in general legal practice with concentration in transactions, intellectual property and litigation.
1981 – 1984: Arnold & Hennessy, Chicago, Illinois
- Practice concentrated in defense litigation
- Began to engage in transactional work for technology companies and users
- Introduced and managed computerization of the firmC
1978- 1981: Chatz Sugarman Abrams Haber & Fagel
- Legal Intern and then Litigation attorney concentrating in securities and commercial litigation
- Creditors representation in bankruptcies and secured transactions
1974 – 1976: City News Bureau of Chicago
- Street beat reporter at this traditional training ground for journalists and writers
- Provided up-to-the-minute, 24/7 news articles for Chicago’s major media outlets
Loyola University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
Graduated Spring, 1980 Admitted to Illinois Bar, May 1980
(Washington State shares reciprocity with Illinois)
University of Illinois – Chicago, Illinois
- Writing a business “how to” book based on the 20 Rules of Business I learned from the story of the Memphis Belle and applied to my turnaround of Firstlogic.
- Raising my two dogs to be good, happy citizens
- Writing and playing music